Introduction. Rising Team, Inc. ("Rising Team", "we", “our”, or “us”) offers an online platform designed to assist managers and team leaders to support, develop, and connect their teams and includes (but is not limited to) training and tools related to leadership development, team assessments, and guided team building workshops (collectively, the “Platform”). The Platform is for supporting a specific group of individuals working together (a “Team”). Each Team will have a team leader (“Team Leader”) and also team individuals. The Team Leader and each individual on the Team are considered “Team Members.” The Team Leader will have the ability to invite the team individuals to join the Team and the use of the Platform by all Team Members shall be subject to these Terms. Rising Team also operates a website at www.rising team.com where website visitors can get information about Rising Team and its product offerings (the “Website”).
Customer Agreement. A separate agreement governs delivery, access and use of the Platform (the “Customer Agreement”), including the processing of any data, information, comments, documents, files, and any other content or materials submitted through Platform (collectively, “Team Member Information”). Team Member Information does not include User Contributions or User Information (both defined below). The organization (e.g., your employer) or individual that entered into the Customer Agreement (“Customer”) controls its instance of the Platform and any associated Team Member Information. If you have any questions about specific Platform settings and privacy practices, please contact the Team Leader that invited you to a Team. We do not control how a Team Leader or Team Member (or Customer, if applicable) uses Team Member Information, but we do contractually prohibit any selling by a Team Leader of Team Member Information in our Terms and Conditions.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, HOW WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW WE USE IT.
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, employer email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, or any other information the Website collects or you provide us through the Website that is defined by applicable law as personally identifiable information ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as employer name, job title, role, and function, length of time in our current position, responses about your leadership skills and working styles, IP address and device identifiers; although generally this information is not personal information some of this information may be defined as “personal information” under applicable laws; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details; although generally this information is not personal information, some of this information may be defined as “personal information” under applicable laws.
We use, and may share with our service providers or vendors, this information for the purposes of: Providing the Website and Platform, allowing Team Leaders and Team Members to share Team Member Information, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, improving our Platform, marketing our products and services to you, enforcing our rights, and other purposes described below. However, we do not sell your Team Member Information.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (referred to below as “User Submitted Information”);
- From the Team Leader and the Team Members about you, if they provide it through our Platform; in the future we may also receive this information from a Service Customer with respect to their Teams, if applicable;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
California Residents: Although we are not yet a business that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we will provide additional notices if and when we become a business that is subject to the CCPA.
B. Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It.
Information You Provide to Us or That is Provided to Us About You (“User Submitted Information”).
User Submitted Information may include:
- Account and Registration Information. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our Platform, posting User Contributions (defined below), providing Team Member Information, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Platform.
- Correspondence with us. Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, and your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Team Member Information, which may be shared between the Team. Users on a given Team share Team Member Information about other members on the Team with each other (and the Customer if applicable); for example Team Leaders and Team Members provide feedback and responses to assessments and surveys. This information is shared with the corresponding intended users (which may include the Team Leader, the Team, and/or if applicable the Customer). We describe this sharing within our Platform.
- User Contributions that you post on our Website or third party community channels. In addition to Team Member Information intended to be shared within a Team (and the Customer if applicable), you may also provide information to be published, displayed or otherwise shared with (hereinafter, "posted") other users of our Platform on areas of the Website or through third party community channels (such as Slack or Facebook Groups) if you participate in them (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or third party community with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies (“Usage Information”).
We may collect the following Usage Information as you navigate through and interact with our Website, using automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and Platform, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, and other information that your browser sends when you visit our Website or use our Platform.
The Usage Information we collect automatically is generally used in aggregated form, but may include personal information as defined under some laws. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns using analytics services.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize your experience.
- Speed up your searches.
- Test content and improve our Website and Platform.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include:
- Analytics: We use or may use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics (from Google, Inc.), Heap Analytics (from Heap, Inc.) or Segment (from Segment.io, Inc.) to evaluate your use of the Website, compile reports on activity, collect demographic data, analyze performance metrics, and collect and evaluate other information related to the Website. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. Google Analytics, Heap Analytics and Segment all employs cookies that collect, monitor and analyze information in order to increase our Website's functionality. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our Website, which may include your IP address, is transmitted to the analytics provider in the US and stored there. For more information on how each of these providers uses data it receives in connection with their tools and your choices, you can visit the following: For Google: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, for Heap Analytics: https://heap.io/privacy and for Segment: https://segment.com/legal/privacy/.
- Other tracking technologies. We may also use other tracking technologies, such as beacons and tags in order to provide a better service. These technologies usually work in conjunction with cookies. Web beacons (also referred to as pixels) and tags are elements included in web pages to enable companies to collect data, serve advertising, and provide related services, such as measuring ad effectiveness or preventing fake ad traffic. They do this by allowing communication between a web browser and a server. A web beacon is a small transparent image that is placed on a web page. A tag is a small piece of website code that is run by the web browser.
- Third Party Advertising Cookies. Although we do not serve third party ads on our Website or Platform, we may engage and work with service providers and other third parties to serve advertisements of our own products and services on third party websites and services. Some of these ads may be tailored to your interests based on your browsing, across time, of the Website and elsewhere on the Internet, which may include use of data from cross-device usage, sometimes referred to as "interest-based advertising" and "online behavioral advertising" ("Interest-based Advertising"), which may include sending you an ad on a third-party service after you have left the Services (i.e., "re-targeting"). Our ad networks' use of tracking technologies are governed by their own privacy policies. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- Do Not Track. Although certain browsers allow you to set tracking preferences, our Website does not support “Do Not Track” settings at this time as there is not yet a uniform standard on applying these signals.
C. How We Use Your Information. We use personal information that We collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present our Website and its contents, including the Platform, to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and Platform.
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
- To debug and fix errors with our Website and Platform.
- To improve our Website and Platform and to undertake internal research and development.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (such as the Terms and Conditions), including for billing and collection.
- Detecting security incidents.
- Protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you (for example to let you know about the commercial launch of our Platform).
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
3. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- Between a Team Leader and the Team Members, including Team Member Information and User Contributions. Sharing of Team Member Information between a Team Leader and the Team Members is done at the direction of the Team Leader and Team Members.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients. Similarly, when a Team Leader invites a Team Member we will notify the Team Member via email and provide instructions for account set up. Or, if you submit a User Contribution to post on our Website or one of our third party community channels, that User Contribution may be viewable beyond your Team (or Customer if applicable).
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates if we form any in the future.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rising Team, Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Rising Team, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes when we begin charging for our Platform.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rising Team, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Opting Out of Tracking Cookies. Although we do not include third party ads on our Website, we may re-target users who have visited our Website with Rising Team ads on third party websites. Many providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties participate in voluntary programs that provide tools to opt-out of such interest-based advertising such as the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding interest-based advertising for DAA members, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA's opt-out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies also are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected, participating members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
- Promotional Offers from the Rising Team. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Rising Team to promote our own products or services, you can opt out by unsubscribing from the email using the link in the email or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. You may still receive Platform transaction related emails even if you opt-out of marketing emails.
- Analytics. The Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about you and your behaviors. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
5. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION. You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if the change is not required by applicable laws or if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you are using the Platform pursuant to a Customer Agreement between Rising Team and a Customer, you should contact the Customer (e.g., your employer or institution). If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users (including the Team Leader and Team Members). Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
6. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18. Our Website and our Platform is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. DATA SECURITY. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards if we make these features available (they are not part of our Platform). The information you share with your Team (Team Member Information) may be seen by your Team and may be seen by your employer (our Customer) if applicable. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
8. TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. Rising Team is located in the United States and the Platform is hosted only in the United States. Any information you provide to us will be transferred to and accessed in the United States. When your information is transferred to the United States or other countries, you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under your local law. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Platform is compliant with local laws and you hereby give consent for your information to be transferred to the United States.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION.
Rising Team, Inc.
380 Hamilton Ave. #811
Palo Alto, CA 94302